Friday, October 22, 2010

Grapocalypse 2010

A few weeks ago, a local charity received a shipment of green grapes to hand out to the needy. The only difficulty is because there were far more grapes than needy people who needed them, the shipment had to be stacked outside because it wouldn’t fit inside the charity offices. Since it was going to freeze that night, most of the grapes would go bad. My former boss, who volunteers at the charity, told me to come get some grapes.

So I did. I got 64 pounds of grapes. Sixty-four pounds of grapes.

Why yes, I am indeed mad.

So far I’ve made frozen grapes, grape salsa, grapplesauce, grape compote, and grape jelly. I keep burning out on grapes and will take a day off. I need to get cracking fast now. I still have 12 pounds left.

So far, I haven’t yet gotten sick of eating fresh grapes.

Oh, and while I was tooling around in Barnes and Noble, I bought a canning book with 400 recipes. Four. Hundred. Recipes. If I don’t get a job soon, I’m going to can everything in sight. Even the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment