Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Gotta get the plant!


A few weeks ago, we bought a pothos to put indoors. It's toxic to cats, so after wandering around trying to find the best places, I finally hung it from the ceiling. This has driven one of the cats batshit insane. She's determined to get the plant and will spend a ridiculous amount of time standing under it on her hind legs, just staring. Under the plant is a pile of stuff we haven't finished unpacking, some cleaning supplies, and some Grapocalypse 2010 supplies (story forthcoming). It's not quite high enough to reach the plant, but still she tries.

Occasionally, I take pity on her and will hold her up to the plant...just out of reach. She frantically claws towards the plant, hoping that maybe the next swipe will bring her victory over her heart's desire. When I don't feel like having my shoulders shredded, I'll get her attention and then swipe at the plant myself, taunting her with my ability to reach it. This drives her insane and she responds by sitting under the plant and eerily howling at it. Meanwhile, I laugh and taunt her some more.

I'm probably going to go to hell for all of this.

Today, she discovered the railing. I was treated to an array of plant-getting stunts, all of which ultimately failed. I have to give her credit, though. She's not giving up and is absolutely determined to get at that plant no matter what. At some point, the boxes will be unpacked, the grapes will be canned, and she will lose her convenient perches. I'm assuming at this point, she will have figured out how to crawl up the brick facade and the plant will have to be relocated.

No comments:

Post a Comment